Thursday, July 7, 2011

Textured Updo [Inspired by MsVaughnTV]

I'd watched MsVaughnTV's UpDo with Jamaican Braiding Hair a while back and really liked it but didn't think I would be doing it because I don't like to use weave. No real reason why, just personal preference. This weekend I was playing around with my hair and had the idea that I could achieve her updo with my current length. I am happy to say that it worked and I really like the style. See my rendition below:


To achieve this look:

Products
Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Shampoo
Herbal Essence Long-term Relationship Conditioner
Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner
Raw Shea Butter
Fantasia Aloe Vera Gel

Tools
Hair Clips
Hair pins
Bobby Pins
Wide tooth comb
Soft boar bristle brush

[My]Steps
Wash, Condition, and Detangle hair into two top sections.
Leave front section (bang area) loose and secure the back portion with a ponytail holder
Cornrow the front section forward
Plait the hair in the ponytail
For a neat set, let the hair dry completely before removing all braids
Remove braids and pin into place as desired
To maintain at night you can wrap your hair in a satin bonnet

No comments:

Post a Comment