Thursday, July 14, 2011

I tried the Curly Girl Method...


I first heard about the Curly Girl Method on the CurlyNikki.com forums. I have always been a shampoo girl so when I read that it eliminated shampoo I didn't give this method a second thought. Plus, I was done with bandwagons by the time I heard of the Curly Girl Method. However, not to long ago I started washing my hair twice a week but I only used shampoo once a week. I liked how soft my hair felt after the co-washes plus I didn't need to DC after co-washes so they are somewhat of a time-saver. To make a long story short - I thought this would be a good time to try a modified Curly Girl Method.

To begin the Curly Girl Method I clarified my hair with a sulfate shampoo, deep conditioned with a -cone free conditioner and rinsed in cool water. After that first wash I followed it with conditioner washing only on wash days for one month.

Click Here for "How to Follow the Curly Girl Method"

My method was modified because I did not leave my hair loose and I still used oils on my hair. After one month of using conditioner only my hair was soft and there was little to no breakage but to be honest I really couldn't tell much difference between my shampooed hair and my no shampoo hair.

When I use shampoo I only use it on my scalp so the shampoo is not applied to the length of my hair anyway. I also steam and deep condition every wash day so shampoo has not had any ill effects on my hair. One benefit from this method would be that I would not have to do as much steaming and conditioning on wash day if I wasn't using shampoo.

I would say if you are curious about the curly girl method, give it a try. What have you got to lose? You may already have the products needed to get started.

Have you tried the Curly Girl Method? How did it work for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment