Friday, July 1, 2011

I've come a long way

Every now and again look back at some of my old photos from when I first started on my healthy hair journey and I realized that I have come a long way. That includes my hair care techniques and my styling skills. Sometimes I look back a photos and wonder why I thought it was okay to wear my hair that way.

The photo below is a picture of a braidout I did back in 2007. Yes, my hair felt as dry as it looked. During this time I was still hoping on bandwagons and trying to take care of my hair based on my "hair type." Those days were full of set backs.

2007
This is how my braid-outs look now. My hair is easier for me to style and manage. It feels softer and dryness is no longer a problem I have to battle. I have learned so much about my hair what I need to do to take care of it. I wonder how they will look in a few more years....

2011
I haven't deleted those old photos of bad hair and bad styles because I am hoping that they will inspire someone out there. Your best hair won't come overnight but with patience it will come in time. If you don't keep a public photo journal of your hair journey, keep a private one. On days when you feel like you are not getting anywhere they may serve as the encouragement you need to keep on going.

No comments:

Post a Comment